Creating only newly added or modified items in a Repeating Section

Badge

We are using a repeating section to capture action items.    Using the instructions from https://community.nintex.com/community/build-your-own/blog/2016/06/06/queries-and-collections-and-loops-oh-my,  I've create a workflow that extracts the data from the repeating section and creates an item in a separate task list. However, I'm not able to create new action items after it has been submitted.  For example, I enter the following information into a repeating section in a form. 

Action itemAssigned toStatus
Task 1 - take out the trashBill S PrestonAssigned
Task 2 - take guitar lessonsTed Theodore LoganNot Started

I'm the workflow is able to create Task 1 & Task 2.  However, if I add Task 3 to the repeating section.  How do I configure the workflow to only create Task 3? 

In addition, is there a way to update an existing item when information in the repeating section has changed? Using the example above, if Task 1 changed from take out the trash to take guitar lessons in the repeating section, can the existing list item be updated to reflect the  change?

Action itemAssigned toStatus
Task 1 - take guitar lessonsBill S PrestonAssigned

2 replies

Badge +4

Mathew,

You probably will need a secondary workflow that will trigger (conditional) when Items are Modified.
Have a calculated field that counts the number of rows in a repeating section and connect that value to a column. Read that column value when Items are modified and have a conditional start on the secondary workflow.
However, you should have some way to identify what was Tasks are already created and what not. probably that needs to be set when the Initial workflow is run. That's just a quick thought that might work.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Before you create your task, you could query the task list to see if an item with the same title already exists. If yes, don't create, if no, create. I would say query task list for title == repeatingItemTitle, then have your conditional be if the count of that collection variable is greater than 0, don't create the task.