cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cedes2014
Nintex Newbie

Repeating Section not returning values

I'm new to nintex so please bare with me!

I have a form that requires a repeating section. My experience with repeating sections has primarily been with infopath, but this is an entirely different ball game. Within the repeating section, there are three fields: claim number (Single text), location (Dropdown), and status (Single text).

form.png

I downloaded the UDA and workflow from http://www.vadimtabakman.com/nintex-formsworkflow-parsing-repeating-section-data.aspx and altered the variables. While testing the workflow, the following error was returned:

"Error processing XML. Expression must evaluate to a node-set." (image below)

error.png

I'm assuming that there is an issue with the Query XML action. 

Here is what I have configured for this action.

1.png2.png3.png4.png

I'm unsure of where I went wrong or how to correct the issue.

@vadim_tabakman  - I would greatly appreciate your help with this!

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: Repeating Section not returning values

Hi

Your xpath query should not be using the item property. The name of the control is all you need.
0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

@cedes2014 ....Instead of UDA, I think attaching RepSec with MLT (plain text) column will be more simple and easy to manage.

cedes2014
Nintex Newbie

In one of the forums I was following it had the expressions set up as such. I forgot to change it back before I took screenshots. This is what they look like now.

Annotation (2).png

0 Kudos
cedes2014
Nintex Newbie

Its to my understanding that if I were to use MLT, it would place all data into one field and show as one record. That would be easier, however, it would not capture the data as I need it to. Each claim/INQ number identified has to be documented in seperate records.

When I remove the repeating section the form works just fine, however, there are instances where a user may need to document more than one claim/INQ on a form. Having to submit a new form for each claim/INQ will be time consuming.

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

@cedes2014 ....when you connect your RepSec with MLT (plain text) it stores the XML code of your repeating section. Using Query XML w/f action and this MLT as a source you can get values as a collections. Using Update XML, you can update existing rows or add or delete rows too.

0 Kudos