k2DocAttachment view and upload

• 9 March 2007
  • 1 reply

Badge +3
Hi all

I'm using the k2DocAttachment control and have 2 queries regarding it.

1) When uploading a new document, the text box that contains the path to the file on the local pc is really small. You can just about see 'C:' and that's it. Is there any way to increase the size of this textbox or hide it completly? (See attached screen shot).

2) Sometimes when I upload a document, it appears to have uploaded okay and is in the correct sharepoint list but it's an empty file. For example, I upload a file called test.txt with the contents 'testing'. The file test.txt appears in the sharepoint list in the correct place with the correct meta data but it's an empty notepad file. this is very temperamental and I've yet to work out why it works sometime and doesnt others. Anyone experienced this and has any suggestions?

Thanks for any help
P

1 reply

Badge +8
I have seen this before but the resolution that worked for me is sort of hard to explain so I will do my best. When I dragged the doc attach control onto the form I noticed that it sticks to the right side of the form and the source text box stays small at runtime. If you drag the form towards the left side of the form it will become unstuck and be able to move around freely. When this is done the source text box seems to automatically expand to the length of the form. I am not exactly sure why this is but it seemed to work for me.

HTH
-Eric