Roles and process rights

• 13 March 2008
  • 6 replies

Badge +8

Hey all,

How can i add Role under process rights in process. When i seach i do not see any roles in results. All i get is group or users.

Thanks in advance

6 replies

Badge +9
I don't believe that is currently possible.
Badge +8

Hey Bob, thanks for quick reply.

Then what would be best option to use in processes destination users. I intend to use roles/groups and give them process rights so that i do not need to bother about removing members from them.

Badge +3

destination users don't need process rights to participate in a process.  if you just want to send worklist items to users in a role, you can just use the role in your destination rules.  that'll work fine.

in general, only process administrators, process report viewers and custom code needing access to process data require rights on the k2 server.

report viewers break into 2 types: those that get unconditional report viewing rights, and those that get report viewing rights only if they are asked to participate (as a destination user, for example) in a process.

so, as per bob's response ... since you can't grant members of a role process rights (for admin or report viewing) then you'll have to find some other way to grant these privileges to your users, if that's even necessary in your case.

hope that helps!

Badge +8

Hey sherif,

Thanks for quick reply, but then i have to give rights for the users to start the process. By default if i have a role and it has been added as destination users does k2 allow those users to start the process as well.

Badge +9
You are correct start rights will need to be granted explicitly.  K2 does not assume that workflow participants can start a process.  Workflow task assignment and starting of process instances and report viewing are completely discrete and securable functional areas within K2.
Badge +8
Thanks Bob and sherif. Good day to you guys !