Enabling InfoPath work items in a K2 Worklist web part.

• 25 February 2010
  • 2 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +1

Hi,

I have K2 BlackPoint. I'm having a problem getting anything to appear in the users K2 Worklist web part. The Infopath form has been successfully deployed to a forms library, via K2 deployment, and I can successfully create a "new" form, and start the workflow, and trigger different users to respond to actions within the workflow. They receive notification emails and can 'approve' / 'reject' task actions within the form. So it is all good thus far. However, nothing ever appears in the K2 Worklist web part telling them to action an item (they only know via the email).

This is my first attempt at a K2 project so I'm not sure I have implemented best practices, but the way it determines which user is next in the workflow is by getting the Destination Users (which I set by picking up the Contact Selector/AccountId field in the Infopath form) and sending that person an email to action the task. I have a series of machines I can log in as those people and no one every seems to get an item in the Worklist web part.

I also notice in my forms library there are no workflows associated to it. This doesn't seem to be a problem as the form loads and workflow successfully finishes, writing the form back to the library.

Does this have anything to do with the Task List in my sharepoint site? It is always empty too.

I have a bunch of other issues too, ..like the K2 ViewFlow always says "28023 K2:NT AUTHORITYANONYMOUS LOGON does not have permissions to view the process". I don't know if this is related to the K2 Worklist being empty? ... the only reason I say that is because is it a username logged in issue?

What else, ..the clients are running XP and Infopath 2007. The K2 server is 4.9040.530.0.

Any help would be appreciated.

cheers.

2 replies

Badge +5

gheester:

This sounds like an authentication/Kerberos issue.  The "NT AUTHORITYANONYMOUS LOGON" error is the classic case where a user's credentials are not being passed to the K2 server.  Is your K2 server on the same machine as the SharePoint server?  If not, then you'll need Kerberos enabled in order to pass the user's credentials from the client machine, to the SharePoint server, to the K2 server.  The worklist web part isn't showing anything because anonymous credentials are being passed to K2.  It is configured in such a way to gracefully handle errors.  In other words, if an error occurs (invalid user credentials) the worklist appears empty.

I strongly recommend reviewing the installation portion of the documentation.  It sounds like SharePoint isn't configured with Kerberos enabled and there are also SPN (Service Principal Names) that will need to be created for all of this to work.

p.s. If the K2 server is on the same physical machine as the SharePoint server, then the above changes.

Badge +1

Erice. You were spot on. My SharePoint server is seperate from my K2 Server, and I forgot (force of habit) to set Kerberos. Lucky for me the SPNs were already set for the URL, and I was using the right app pool, so all I had to do was swtich over to Kerberos (Central Administration
>
Application Management >
Authentication Providers
). All working now. Thanks heaps.