\Print to PDF\" stopped working"

• 18 January 2018
  • 2 replies

Badge +9

After upgrading Nintex/SP 2010 to the most recent release published in December 2017. We have noticed that the "Print to PDF" button that is available for the Enterprise license has stopped working on all the forms. I've contacted Support to have a look at it. And I'm hoping anyone who might have encountered the same issue to shed some light on what the problem/solution might be? 

If there is a way to troubleshoot it as well, that would be great. 

212292_pastedImage_1.png

The Javascript for it at the footer of the page looks like this: 

212293_pastedImage_2.png

Previously, when clicking on it, it would convert the form to pdf and download to desktop for the user to open and print. Now when clicking on it, it just shows this for couple of seconds and then nothing happens.

212294_pastedImage_3.png

2 replies

Badge +9

Update: 

I was able to call the function from a custom button: as mentioned in this post:  

212331_pastedImage_1.png

on client click: 

NWF$(document).ready(function(){NWF.FormFiller.PrintToPDF.PrintToPDF();});

but when I click on my new "Print" button, it goes into an infinite loop of thinking, it does open the "convert to pdf" pop-up window and seems to be doing something, but eventually it gives an error that the page has a long running script and i have no option other than having to stop the script. 

212332_pastedImage_2.png

once i stop the script, i get this forever.. 

212333_pastedImage_3.png

I go back, it shows again: 

212334_pastedImage_4.png

This tells me that I'm able to call the function correct. but something is broken somewhere in that class files in the backend... 

Badge +9

I had this workaround applied to just get the print option available for them: 

But if someone still have an idea why why why did the Print to Pdf stop working, I'd be very grateful..