Publishing resuable workflow from Content Type Hub

• 24 April 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

I am attempting to use a Site Collection Reusable Workflow Template associated with a content type and publish it from a Content Type Hub. I created the workflow template and associated it with the content type with no issues. I exported the workflow and imported it into the destination Team site using the same name. When I republish the content type it fails saying no workflow exists in the destination site with the correct ID. I tried editing the .xoml.wfconfig.xml file in the destination site changing the BaseID to match that of the workflow in the content type hub but still get the same error. I tried manually associating the workflow with the content type in the destination site but still get the same error when publishing the content type from the hub. Has anyone been able to successfully publish a content type from a hub with an associated Nintex workflow?

2 replies

Badge +2

Hi gvolland,

Looking for the exact same thing. I hope someone has an answer.

Greets,

Peter

Badge +1

Hi Peter, Nintex support basically told me that what I was trying to do won't work. In my case the need was fairly limited and not worth spending more time on so I just set up the workflow association at the site collection level rather than at the content type hub. I believe the key is that the workflow IDs are stored in the SQL database and would need to be updated to be in sync between the hub and the downstream site.