cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Remove duplicate entries from a list lookup for cascading dropdowns

Hello All,

I have a 1 custom list with 2 columns: Equipment Type Affected & Equipment Section that I will be using for Cascading drop downs on my classic form.

customlist.png

Then on my form they are List Lookups Columns to the list above (drop downs).

On my form the Equipment Type Affected - List Lookup - No changes needed but it displays all the duplicate items.

dropdowndups.png

On my form the Equipment Section - based on Equipment Type Affected works as planned as I am filtering by the Equipment Type Affected.

cascading.png

Has anyone found a way to remove the duplicates from the list look up in the first drop down?

I have used this approach in the past with calculated fields and it worked fine but not with cascading drop downs.

lookup("Change Request/Issue DD","ID",EquipmentTypeAffected,"Equipment Section") 

Any help would be appreciated.

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: Remove duplicate entries from a list lookup for cascading dropdowns

Hi,

Use two lists.
The first will have the equipment type affected column with only one entry of each type of equipment.
On the second list the equipment type affected column will be a lookup to the first list.

The first lookup control on the form will lookup the first list and the second lookup control will look at the scond list but filter off of the first.
This is how cascading lookups should be setup.
Tutorial is old but still applies.
https://community.nintex.com/t5/Nintex-for-SharePoint/Cascading-drop-downs-and-Nintex-Forms-for-Shar...
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Yes thanks I am aware of that but I only want one list and I did have it working that way in the past but that form was removed so I can’t remember how it was done.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

The only other way I have seen this functionality acheived is by using Javascript on the classic form. You may find a post here on the community about it.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Yes thanks, trying to do OOB, no scripting and one list.
0 Kudos