Solved

Remove a name from a multiple people or group column using workflow

• 11 August 2020
  • 7 replies

Badge +3

I have a column of People or Group Type that accepts multiple entries. How can I remove a single name from the others using Nintex workflow?

icon

Best answer by kunalpatel 11 August 2020, 16:55

View original

7 replies

Badge +12

@Dondearie ....store that value in a variable and using split function in regular expression (split by semi-colon ";") store it in a collection and using for loop and the collection you can store it in a single line text variable and manipulate as per your need.

Badge +3

Thank you @kunalpatel. That helped buy I noticed that rather than removing just one item from the column all but one was left. Let me try to break this down more.

- I have 2 People Columns, ColumnA has multiple names and ColumnB has just one.

- I have a Query list that queries ColumnA and ColumnB and stores the values  for ColumnA in a string variables (strColA) and that of ColumnB in a collection variable (colColB)

- Next I have a RegEx that splits strColA by semicolon (;) and stores the value in a collection (colColA)

- Then a For each with target collection colCoA and the value stores in a string variable (strColA2) 

- Next is a Collection operation with Target collection colColB and Remove by value strColA2

- And an Update item that updates a third People column (ColumnC) with strColA2.

The value in Column C is accurate, however rather than reducing the entries in ColumnA by 1, it leaves just 1 entry.

What am I missing, please?

Badge +12

@Dondearie ...try below approach:

• Query your list for IDs (apply your filters and sorting if any) and store IDs in collection

• Also create 2 more collections i.e. for Column A and Column B

• If you store it in string variable it will store the first applicable value

• Now use ID collection and for loop, get the index value in number variable

• Use 2 collection operations and above index variable and get column A and column B values and store it in respective string variables

Use above variables for manipulation and get your desire outcome.

Badge +12

@Dondearie ...if you are trying to run the workflow on list items and you need to manipulate current item's column A then you can just use set variable to store the value in string variable and use RegEx.

Badge +3

@kunalpatel 

Thank you for your prompt response.

Can you throw more light on the statement "Now use ID collection and for loop, get the index value in number variable", please?

Badge +3

I have been able to figure this out. Thank you.

Badge +3

i know its an old tread but can you send us your fix, trying the same thing here.