Plan per Destination Only Recognising Unique Roles

• 5 September 2013
  • 2 replies

Badge +5

I have noticed that when configuring an activity's destination rule as 'Plan per Destination' (create a slot for each destination/create a slot for each role and group) and creating the destination sets from an array of string values (ie role names), it only recognises unique values.

I would like to create an activity instance for each role in my array regardless of duplication eg 'role1,role2,role1' should produce 3 activity instances, 2 for role 1 and 1 for role 2 (it currently creates 1 for role1 and 1 for role2).  The activity has a client event. I need to plan 'per destination' but not per 'unique' destination.

I've tried differentiating them for planning but am then struggling to reset them prior to the client event (can you update an activity instance destination onces it's planned?)

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you

Rachel

2 replies

Badge +8

This is by design and is applicable too when assigning users. Can you elaborate on your business requirements? There should be a way to get the business logic you need with slots and Outcome rules.

Badge +5

Thank you for the response dc!  We needed a user to send an undefined number of tasks to roles which were selected by the user.. So if 1+ tasks were assigned to role1 then role1 should get 1+ work list items. Each work list item would link to data relevant to that task.  We needed the activity containing the client event to generate a number of instances corresponding to each taskID (and not to each unique role).

In the end, we planned the task with no destination and created an instance per taskID. Then we used the IPC event to call a new sub-process that did all the processing that the original activity did.

Thanks