Cannot use NIntex Forms for content type : Nintex Workflow Multi Outcome Task

Badge +6

People are not able to get to task assigned to them where the content type "Nintex Workflow Mulit Outcome Task" is being used. When they receive the email with "click here to respond to your task". They get a "Something went wrong" error. We just upgraded to forms version 2.8.0.0

15 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi Emily,

You cannot customise the form of the content type "Nintex Workflow Multi Outcome Task" from the content type page.

You should customise the form in the workflow where you added the Flexi task action (in the configuration of the flexi task action).

Hope this helps

Badge +6

I edited the form through the workflow flexi task "edit task form" but people are not able to get to the task?? They have contribute permission to the list and the workflow list but cannot get to the task form.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

They need the read permission on the related list item.

If you've edited the Advanced settings of the list, "Item-level permissions" part and selected the option "Read items that were created by the user" then assigning unique permissions on the item won't work and the user need "Design" or "Full control" or "Manage hierarchy" permission on the list to be able to read an item that he didn't create.

Hope this helps

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

How do they use the lazy approval ?

Do they reply to the email sent from your SharePoint farm ?

Badge +6

Yes, they reply to the email with "approve" or "reject". This always worked until we upgraded to version 2.8.0.0

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Have you checked in the central administration of SharePoint if the lazy approval parameters are still correct ?

Is the SMTP service still running and correctly configured on your SharePoint server ?

Is the email account used for the incoming email still correctly configured ?

Badge +6

I figured out what the issue is. I had the advanced setting turned on to where folks can only see their own items. Then the workflow changed the permissions on the item...however with the update the workflow does NOT override that advanced feature.

To fix it, I turned off the advanced setting so that everyone can see and edit everything. Then I had the workflow change the individual permissions when an item is created.

Badge +6

well this is happening again and I cannot figure it out. Lazy approval works, but when they get to the Nintex form and try to click on approve or reject it gives them an error. This time there are no individual permissions on the items.  Caroline Jung

It even happens to me when I am signed in with the system account. We can get to the task form but when we click on "approve" and "save" this happens.

Sorry,
something went wrong

The file or folder name
contains characters that are not permitted.  Please use a different name.

Troubleshoot
issues with Microsoft SharePoint Foundation.

Correlation ID:
df9d5f9d-0963-7094-4555-b1e03bf476b1

Date
and Time: 2/15/2016 7:28:11 PM

issue.png

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Are there any attachments on the task or related item ?

Do you have the same behaviour when opening the item form ?

Badge +6

Yes, word documents are attached. There is no issue with the item form. Only the flexi task form. I guess I could try recreating the flexi task action to see if it helps.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

I don't think that the problem is related to the flexi task form. I think that it is related to the item's attachments url and file name.

Do you have the same problem on another task created by the same workflow ?

Badge +6

The name of the document was "Network Device SW Version Control" so I do not know why that would be a issue. Also, I just took a look at the workflow and it is not attaching the document. There is a url to the document on the form though. I attached the template of the library and the workflow.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Before I check the workflow, do you have the same problem on another task created by the same workflow ?

Badge +6

Yes this is happening on both flexi task actions within the workflow. I just entered this it in our stage environment and got this error on both flexi tasks when I click on the link the email to the task. Then when I went to the task list, I can see my task that is assigned to me but when I click on the task I get this error. 

Sorry,
something went wrong

An unexpected error has
occurred.

Web
Parts Maintenance Page
: If you have permission, you can use this page to
temporarily close Web Parts or remove personal settings. For more information,
contact your site administrator.

Troubleshoot
issues with Microsoft SharePoint Foundation.

Correlation ID:
57df5f9d-01a4-0054-cac4-3db0aa33eb2e

Date
and Time: 2/16/2016 2:32:21 PM

Go
back to site

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

I've imported your list and workflow and I can correctly display the task form.

Does the file name (the file on which the workflow is running) contain a special character ?

Can you check in ULS the error details corresponding to your correlation ID (tell me if you don't know how to do this) ?