Notify admin when Nintex Workflow Scheduler timer job fails

• 25 April 2016
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

Hello Everyone,

I had scheduled one site workflow which is scheduled to run every night at 1 AM. Suddenly it has stopped running.

How can we notify site admin if scheduled site workflow stops running or if it fails to run "Next Run"?

If SharePoint site is down for that period or timer job has stopped, It will not run on "Next Run" 

Will Nintex workflow scheduler timer job works if "Next Run" is past date? How timer job validates the "Next run"

3 replies

Badge +11

Hi Prashant,

for regular workflow errors you can specify who will be informed via the site settings:

Unfortunately there is no out of the box functionality to notify you when a timer job fails (at least none i know about). There are third party products available which help you monitor your SP-Farm and notify you when something like a timer job fails.

However, the easiest/fastest way would probably be to create an alert for the event in the event log. You can have a look at this blog post to start.

Regards

Philipp

Badge +3

Hi Philipp,

Thanks for the reply.

Will Nintex workflow scheduler timer job works if "Next Run" is past date? in case SharePoint/Timerjob  is down for one day and it will miss next run for that day.

Badge +11

I don't think the workflow would run if the "Next Run" is already past. But I'm not really sure as I never had this case. I would always go the safe way by starting the worklfow manually (for the missed run on the offline day) and create a new schedule. But this issue sounds very intressting to me. Timer job doesn't even need to be off for a whole day. What if it is just down for one hour but this is exactly the hour the workflow should have run?

Maybe someone else with better knowledge about the sharepoint jobs can enlighten us.

Regards

Philipp