Silent Install of K2.net 2003 Studio

Badge +3
Is there an option for a silent install of K2.net 2003 Studio? I'd like to package the installation of Studio so we can distribute the installation to our developer's workstation. We would do this in the evening so the developer's do not have to do this themselves and would provide consistancy in the installation.

Also is there a silent install option for Visual Studio?

Thanks

3 replies

Badge +1
I created a silent install for the studio that does install all the Studio components. I do not use K2.net, so I have to get a K2.net developer to tell me whether the install works--but I posted my findings here:

http://forum.k2workflow.com/viewtopic.php?t=663

Good luck!
Badge +1
Sorry, I had gotten something wrong in my original reply (7-Apr-2006). Here is the command line that works for me:

"K2.net 2003.msi" /qb AgreeToLicense=Yes USERNAME=DSI COMPANYNAME=DSI ApplicationUsers=AllUsers ADDLOCAL=STUDIO,SMARTFORMS,OFFICESYSTEM,SERVICEMANAGER,VSNET,VSNET2003

Cheers
Badge +1
As I posted in my other post, the MSI doesn't register .NET codebases. The step below is how I compensated (and made the install seem to work)...

FOR /F "tokens=*" %%f IN ('dir /a/b/s "C:Program FilesK2.net 2003Bin*.dll"') DO IF NOT "%%f" == "XSP8600LIBU.DLL" CALL "C:WindowsMicrosoft.NETFrameworkv1.1.4322RegAsm.exe" "%%f" /codebase

Hope this helps somebody out there...