Best Approach using Infopath form

• 4 September 2008
  • 0 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +9

I am looking for some guidance on the following requirement:

I have a form which is completed and submitted to a MOSS document library. As the form is created, it is given a unique ID number, and it is only valid for a particular period, which is defined by the user filling in the form by selecting a start and end date.

The form currently triggers a process which gets a number of people to approve it.

Once approved, the form is saved to a different MOSS document library (Current Docs)

2 weeks before the end date, a reminder is sent to the originator, at which point they can either choose to archive the document (document is moved to an Archived document library), or re-issue the document, in which case the original document is sent to the archive, but a new document is created, with the same details as the original, and this copy is then required to go through the approval process again.

My question is around the re-issue of the document. When the document is re-issued, I would like the following to occur (in the following, DocA is the first instance of the form, DocB is the form that has been re-issued):

DocA is approved, about to expire, and it has been decided that the document needs to be re-issued (indicated by someone completing a workflow task)
DocB is created with the same basic details as DocA, with a new unique ID, and start/end date
DocB is then sent through the approval process (ideally, this would be a new process, so that the approval for each individual form can be easily tracked)
DocA is moved to the Archived doc library when it reaches the end date specified in the form.

I am not sure of the best approach to handling the re-issue, so that I end up with a completely separate file (DocB), and a separate process being triggered for the approval of DocB.

Currently, the process is triggered by the submit of the original form, and this same form is then used in the client events to collect the approval information.
I was thinking that I could change this so that the process is triggered by a document being created in a document library (ie using sharepoint integration), however I then couldn't see how I could use the form that is submitted to the document library to actually collect the information as well (I could be missing something here???)

Any guidance on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

0 replies

Be the first to reply!