Rule decessions based on a SharePoint List

• 7 March 2012
  • 3 replies

Badge +5

I’m brand new to K2 products.  I’m trying to write a workflow that will read a SharePoint list and take one route if the contract # is in the list or take the other path if the # is not in the list.  I can hard code the list in as a bunch of or statements into a line rule, but like I said I want it to be driven by a separate SharePoint list (that I won’t have to maintain). 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I’m still trying to figure out the lay of the land as far as where to find help/resources.

3 replies

Badge +10

You would first need to create a SmartObject fro the list, you can do this through K2 Site Settings > K2 SmartObject Site Lists and Libraries.

Once you have the SmartObject created you can browse to it in your line rules, and use the values in it to drive the workflow.  Does that make sense?

Badge +5

Thanks for the reply.

It ended up Used the line rule with one side as the list data and the other a lookup to the  list smart object, that I filered by the origional data.

If someone else is reading this and that is not clear, please let me know and I'll elaborate.

Badge +10

Glad you got it all worked out!  Thanks for posting back as well as it helps everyone!