Form library permissions - How to restrict?

Badge +3

Good morning all, I seem to be missing some configuration or methodology with permissions and Form Libraries.

I know domain users need rights to Read from the data conneciton library, but people should not have access to view the tasks that build up in these Form Libraries.  Part of the problem is they can click on the xml in there and view the task (which contains info such as an expense request that obviously shouldn't be viewed by anyone.)

I've removed the All Items view from said Forms Lib., so when someone goes to http://eprocess/acct/Expense%20Request/Forms/MyItems.aspx, they only see their entries if they have any.  If they try and click any other links to get to a list or other doc/forms lib, they get the Access Denied splash page....However, if they actually type in ..../allitems.aspx at the end of that, they can see the All Items view.

How can you truly lock this down for the average user while still allowing anyone to be able to submit a form?

Many thanks! 

2 replies

Badge +10

This isn't the complete solution you're looking for but typically I set the Allitems.aspx view to be filter on ID= - 1 so that nothing is displayed in that view.  I normally don't even show the users that form library in the Quick Launch since the users should be working from their K2 Worklist and not from the form library.  On the main page of the site we'll add a link for the users to launch the form so they don't have to navigate to it.

Badge +3

Thanks for the reply.  I did try that (Since you had recomended it before) and that works like a charm.  Users don't have power to change views so that keeps hidden what I need hidden.

Thanks again!