Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcelaba
Nintex Newbie

Reassign task after delegate task

Jump to solution

Hi all!

The image I attached is part of the WF that I developed.

WF.png

I have the following scenario:

PM1 delegates the task that was assigned by mistake to PM2.

PM2 requests task review.

The reviewer comments on the task and as the workflow continues with the CHANGE OF STATUS, but the task is returned to PM1 and NOT to PM2.

The question i have is: How can I return the task to the delegated PM (PM2)?

Could you give me some tip or idea on how to develop this?

Thank you very much, I would appreciate your help.

Regards,

Marcela

Labels: (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Reassign task after delegate task

Jump to solution

@marcelaba this is an interesting one. When a task has delegated the task itself is sent to the new person, but the originating workflow doesn't have a clue about this because it was originally delegated. 

What you could do is have the updates get posted directly to the item, so that anyone working on that item has the ability to see that. I would think, based on my experience working with task, you could also have the person completing the task, also chose who they would like to notify during their task completion and this would then allow the notification to be sent to whomever they chose. You could set this by default also which may help.

0 Kudos
marcelaba
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

@eharris04 Thanks for your response.

Last night I kept thinking of a way to solve it, today I applied it and it worked.
What I did was capture the name using "Last task respondent" and update the name_variable.
Of course, it only works when the task is completed (approve / reject / review).
I still can't find a way to "update" the name of the new delegated person before the task is completed.

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@marcelaba The task is a binary event. You either complete it or not and the only way to complete it is to select a specific outcome. Until that happens, nothing else happens which means there is nothing to update prior.

Hope that helps

0 Kudos
marcelaba
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution
sure, you are right..
Thanks for your help! Smiley Very Happy
0 Kudos