cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Reasons for the Invoke webservice failure

I have designed a workflow which after form submission is supposed to assign permissions to a approver using the "Call Web service" action item. This action item completes at almost all times, but sometimes it runs into an error with the following error message-

"Failed to invoke web service. Error returned from server: <soap:Fault xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><faultcode>soapSmiley Frustratederver</faultcode><faultstring>Exception of type 'Microsoft.SharePoint.SoapServer.SoapServerException' was th..."

This is an intermittent issue and hence cannot be replicated at all times.

Can anyone give me reason why this error shows up sometimes when using the "Call Web service" action.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Reasons for the Invoke webservice failure

Cannot you use the set permissions action?

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

I 'd capture the exception then could wait 5 minutes, and try again.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Thanks Hunth for your reply. The permissions need to be set on a subsite. This is a list workflow which creates a workspace( subsite on the parent site) and the permission needs to be modified on the workspace. Unfortunately "set Item Permissions" doesn't let me modify permissions on the subsite level.

Also as mentioned this is an intermittent issue being said if I try again after 5 minutes, there are less chances of experiencing this issue on this particular workflow instance.

My question is on how to eliminate it permanently or maybe provide a reason for this issue.

0 Kudos