cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Real-time list query while form is in process

Jump to solution

Hi! I have a responsive form I'm building and am looking for the functionality so that once the user keyed in a submission specific identifier (title or number), is it possible to, real-time, determine if there's a matching submission within the list and if so, return a corresponding value from that found item? 

Example: I key in "Offer1234" there's a query in the background to find that match and if true, it returns the created date for that prior item.

I know I can hookup a workflow, but that can only run when an item is added...I'm hoping for a more responsive result.

Thank you for your time!

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Re: Real-time list query while form is in process

Jump to solution

Hi @chewwbutta,

a calculated value control may be able to help you out.

A formula like

lookup("MyList","Title","Offer1234","Created")  

returns you the created date of an item with Title "Offer1234" in the list "MyList". If no match is found, the field will be empty. Instead of hardcoding Offer1234 you can reference a field in your form

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Any experience with a lookup and leading 0's? 

I am using the Title field (single line of text) to hold account numbers and when I try and run a lookup formula on an account with a leading 0, it fails to return a result. I can ask in another question but thought you might have a quick recommendation. Regardless, thanks for your help - exactly what I needed. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi @chewwbutta,

in my experience nintex lookups do not work that well on fields containing only numbers (same issue as you described).

What I like to do is add a calculated value column to the list and use it to prepend a character to a field (for example: ="l"&Title)

You can then use the calculated value column in your lookups like
=lookup("MyList","lTitle","l" + myField, "MyFieldToReturn")

0 Kudos