Nintex form 2013 upgrade to ver. 2.11.5.21 errors

Badge +4

I'm hoping someone else has experienced this issue with the upgrade.  Upgraded from Nintex form ver. 2.11.0.10 to 2.11.5.21 and an application broke.  When clicking on  'new item' the message 'Sorry, Something went wrong.  an unexpected error has occurred..'.  Same error happens when clicking on an existing document.  Same error message when in the form and using 'Preview'.  The form is somewhat simple - has several panels on it with simple hide rules per panel - ie:  hide if new form, hide if a field is filled in.   There is a button with simple javascript to read the user name and populate a field.  I am using people picker field within some panels.  Any thoughts of what could have happen or what to look at - fix will help tremendously..  thank you  

2 replies

Badge +17

Two thoughts, something with the javascript on the form may not be working properly and causing the form not to load or something happened with the update that conflicted with the custom code on your form. 

Can you try exporting your form, importing it to a new list, and removing the javascript, then save and see if it opens? If it does, then the javascript is the culprit and may need to be reapplied.

Badge +4

did all that - transported all items with form to a template.  Imported the template into an IT Test site and I could open the items to view; buttons would not work.  So I have redone the form and works for 1 button (did last week).   I added the 2nd button and broke again..  I'm retracing my steps for the 1st working button to next.

I am using the 'Simple electronic Signature js code' listed on Vadim Tabakman's site.

Copied the code listed for 1 button to 6 buttons on the form. 

question: Since I'm not a JS coder - is there a flow sequence to follow for duplicating this code for other buttons - calling functions ? 

the link to the code - http://www.vadimtabakman.com/nintex-forms-simple-electronic-signature.aspx

Thank you for helping..

Pam Lewis