Nintex Form Not Running Validation

• 21 February 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

I have some issues when I try to validate some rules (i.e., if this field is not blank then that field is required, etc.) . The matter is that Nintex does not run the validations and the fields are not highlight either the validation message does not shows up. I captured an error console but I am not sure if it is related to the rules validation. Please any suggestions?

Thank you!

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

While it would be helpful if you had posted the code, looking at the error you posted, I suspect instead of writing something along the lines of:

someVariableOrCondition === true;

you wrote: 

someVariableOrCondition === True;

notice the difference? 

Boolean statements in javascript are lowercase (true / false) rather than Uppercase (True / False). 

Try changing the case of your Boolean, and if that doesn't work, then please post your code. 

Badge +1

Hi nmarples Thank you for your help!

I do not have a javascript code. I am working only with Nintex rules. This is what I am doing:

This are my rules, one of them is for testing: 

Once published those, I tried to check if those are working, creating a new item. I opened a debugger in order to find the problem:

The mandatory fields are validated but no my rules.

I do not what the problem is.

Thank you.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

without seeing how any of this works, it is incredibly difficult to say. 

I would recommend maybe trying to add spaces where you don't have any in your first rule. 

TimePermitExpires < dateAddHours(DateIssued, 12)

Or get rid of BOTH rules, and make sure that your form is working without either of them (so that you are not led to believe they are the issue). 

If everything works, add one of them back, and then test again. 

If that works, add the other one and then test again. 

That way it can be narrowed down.