Search Query - Property Restrictions / Results

• 7 August 2016
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi all!

I've been looking all over for information regarding the "Search Query" action, but I can't find anything. Even Nintex's default help page tells me little to nothing about it - probably because it's assuming that I know way more about SharePoint than I actually do!

What I'd like to do is search across all sites for content that has been modified within a particular date / time range, and return the Item URL for that content. Seems like it should be doable - right? But I've no clue how to set that up.

Looking at the Search Property Restrictions, I've tried to define "DisplayDate" as "equals to" Current Date. Just as a basic item .. but that certainly doesn't work.

I've found that I can easily return results if I enter a Result specific Word / Words ... but in this case all I want to search by is modified date.

What I'm starting to wonder is if it a "Result Type" needs to be defined for EVERY result in the tons of sites / subsites to be able to search that widely...?

ANYTHING you can tell me would be greatly appreciated - links, examples, anything. happy.png

Thanks folks!

Rhia

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Rhia -

The Property that you want to use in this case is called "LastModifiedTime", instead of DisplayDate.  LastModifiedTime is the managed property name that is mapped to the Modified column.  So if you simply change your configuration to "LastModifiedTime" Equal To [Current Date] you'll get the results that you're expecting.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi Tom!

Thank you so much for your response. Definitely on the right path here!

189341_pastedImage_4.png

However, my results are returning several items in my test site, despite the fact that I am the only one with access and have only modified one page today.

189342_pastedImage_5.png

When I look at the pages the query returns within the actual library that holds them, the last Modified Date displayed by then is "5 Days Ago"

189340_pastedImage_3.png

It looks like the modified date is at like 2AM in the query ... as if it were "updated" by a search crawl or something similar.

Any thoughts? I only want to return items modified within (date range) in the Modified column.

Thank you kindly again for your response!

Rhia