Active Directory group as Destination User

• 21 August 2013
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hi there,

My thought with this is that it would be great to dump a workflow onto a group of people, such that when 1 member of the group actions the task, then it vanishes from the queue of work for all other members of the group. The idea would be to send a mail to all members of the group, and whoever got to the worklist item and acted on it would essentially ensure that others would not need to work on it. Problem (number 1) is that when I set the destination rule this way, I am not getting any emails sent to the members of the group. Nor are any members of the group seeing the task in the K2 worklist.

I tried using the advanced wizard to 'resolve all roles and groups to users' but no joy.

Problem 2 I hear you cry, is: even if you were able to make this work, wouldn't the members of the group who tried to act on a task, after it was already acted on by another member, be crying foul when they went to open a worklist item that no longer existed?  Yes, probably.  So I would likely want to configure email notification that someone else in the group had acted on the worklist item, and to disregard the previous email.

Thoughts?

Thank you for your time and consideration in reading this.

-Brian

2 replies

Badge +6

Brian, this is basic OOTB functionality that exists in blackpearl. Are you 100% sure that the AD group has members in it? using smo tester tool, execute UmUser...Get Group Users method and input your group name to check if the users are being returned. see attachment.

Is the workflow in 'Active' state. Do you see the task in global management worklist?

problem 2: if the users try to action a completed task, they will get an error message that the task no longer exists. Is that not sufficient? If you still want to send an email, you can do so by adding an email event.

11495iA8EB6B10B788B90B.png
Badge +2

Hi i found the same problem (problem 1) ; there are users in my group. Now i assigned this group to a role and the workflow sends an email to the Role. An individual that is added to the Role receives it ; but not the members of the group.

I dont know what K2's behaviour is.

- Does it need a distribution mail assigned to the AD group?

- Is there a setting that allows K2 to resolve AD group users?