cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Query related task list and show it in the Nintex Item

Jump to solution

Hello,

I'm using the Assign Flexi Task in my workflow (multiple Assignees), then I tried to query the Comments , then try to show it in the main Item form.

Problem is it's not saving per response and waiting for all the response first (before querying and eventually saving the response comments etc.).

In short, I can't query the Approver comment while Task is still in progress.

So I thought of doing it directly in the form and maybe use List View or something.

But I can't seem to map the ID of the main list and the Related Content in the Task List. Is there any other workaround?

I want the other responders to be able to see what other responders commented , if possible per task.

Appreciate any comment. Thanks!

Labels: (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Query related task list and show it in the Nintex Item

Jump to solution

I forgot to mention we still use Nintex 2010.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

A workaround would be to create a comment field in the item (multiple lines of text with the Append Changes to Existing Text activated).

Then in the task form you could connect the comment field to the comment field that you created for the item. This way the comment will be automatically added to the item.

Hope this helps

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thanks Caroline. I tried that, but by doing that I lost the comments in the Task List. Is there a way for me to just query the task list's Comments in my Item Form? Appreciate your help.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

It is maybe simpler to add a calculated value in the task form connected to the comment of the item (the field that you added). The formula of this calculated value would only be the comment control of the task. This way you can let the standard comment field of the task.

Hope it works

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi,

I tried creating the calculated field's formula but I couldn't see the Task List's Comment field. Only the fields in my main List.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

If you connect the calculated value to the comment of the item and connect the comment field to the task list's comment column ?

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I'm afraid I couldn't change the settings of the Task List's Comment column. it doesn't even show in the list of Columns in the Task Lists.

Anyway, I don't wanna change the settings of the Task List either. I just want to query/filter the values from the custom list I made. Is this possible?

I was able to do it if the Assign Flexi  Task's setting is "

How to Capture the Comments Entered By Individual Approver on the Flexi Task Action with All Must Ag...

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

You're right, it is not possible this way. Sorry, I didn't test it.

Maybe you can display a list view control on the form to display the task list with the columns you want (Assigned to, Approver Comments...) by populating a custom view name. To display only the tasks related to the current item, you can use the following CAML query filter :

<Eq><FieldRef Name='WorkflowItemId' /><Value Type='Integer'>ID</Value></Eq>

"ID" correspond to the current item id.

Hope this helps

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thanks Caroline that worked brilliantly!

Now I just have to think how I can change the layout of the table, selecting only the columns I want to show. Do you happen to know how to do it?

0 Kudos