Adding users on activity to database, don't want dominion with user.

• 16 April 2015
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hello community.

When I add multiple users per destination with advance mode and they're being added on db. It saves the dominion with the user. Something like this: DominionUser. The method that i'm using is, on the Activity Destination Instance, i'm using User -> Name, thats is implemented on my SmartObject.

I've tried different ways but I can't figure it out.

Thanks for the help.

Regards.

Note: Working on VS 2013

3 replies

Badge +10

The name and the FQN in K2 seems to mean the same thing. It always has the domain name at the front. What you can do maybe is to use the display name. This will not retrun the samacountname but the displayname which does not have the domain name at the front. If you must store the samaccountname then maybe write an expression to remove everything before th character. Are you doing this in the workflow (KPRX) or on the form. 

Badge +1

Thanks for the reply @s0m3one 

I'm using WorkFlow ( KPRX ).

With display name it shows the dominionuser too. Then you mean by that, to go to code and do some regular expression to save only the user?

The only way that it doesn't show is using the role option, but I'm sure in the future it will be a problem if I use it.

Regards.

Badge +10

Strange. Maybe your acitive directory administrators are putting the full FQN as the display name.

It should be possible to write a function where you pass in the full name domainusername and then it will remove anything before and includng the character and return back the username only. Are you using any code to write the data into the database. Is so yo can also do the removal of the domain name here.