cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Query library and send notification

Hello everyone. Here's a brief description of what I'm ultimately trying to do: Run a daily query on a document library that returns all documents with a [Reminder Date] = [Today], then sends an email notification detailing those documents. I am trying to do this in SharePoint 2013. It seems pretty straightforward, but I'm still have troubles. Should it be set up on the library or the site? I'm relatively new to Nintex, so any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Preston

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Re: Query library and send notification

From the context Sharpeoint settings 's menu you can create a Site workflow.

Then use a Query List Action so as to get items in your library, you can set a collection with the result of the Query setting IDs on that collection.

Then Loop on that collection so as to use a Query List filtering by ID and send the notification with the "Send Notification" Action.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Thank you for the quick response, Fernando.

I'm to the point where I am trying to filter the items that I want, which would be when [Reminder Date] = [Today]. However, it seems like I'm having some date issues. The Reminder Date column is your typical Time & Date column. But I do not get any results when I set the Reminder Date is to equal to Current Date (as shown in the image below). Capture.PNG

I have also tried creating a Date variable where the date is equal to today. I've tried the DateFormat function as well as a hard-coded date. But no luck thus far. I've tested other columns (such as a currency column) and it works fine.

Any advice on this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

0 Kudos