cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Query Permission Group Based on Department?

Jump to solution

I have a process where users all over the company submit ideas. They can choose which department their idea pertains to. I want to direct the flexi task to the managers in each specific department. Those managers have been added to a list in my site. My workflow queries the department list to find the managers, but assigning the task to multiple people creates mutliple tasks, which are confusing in the view we use. However, if I assign the task to a permission group, then it creates 1 task.

I am willing to create permission groups for each department. I want my workflow to look at the department that was chosen when the idea was submitted (e.g., accounting), find the SharePoint permission group (Accounting Managers), and assign a task to that permission group. I want to reuse one task and change the assignee, I don't want a switch where I have multiple tasks each hardcoded with a specific assignee.

Is this possible in Nintex?

Or do I have to use a web service call to create a custom permission group each time an idea is submitted?

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: Query Permission Group Based on Department?

Jump to solution
Once you know what group you need to send to put it in a variable and use the variable in the Task action.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

@SmileAndWave ....can you check if the check box is checked in flexi task? The one which says create individual task one (below assignee field).

Also, if your dept. - manager relationship is 1-1 then why don't you use Lookup column and cascade Manager field based on dept. selected?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

It is not checked. When you query a bunch of people, it creates individual tasks.

We don't want to change the user experience. Choosing the manager from a cascading dropdown isn't going to work. For ease of use, the user chooses the department and the workflow needs to do the rest.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hmm...interesting. I haven't tried populating a variable with a SharePoint permission group. Have you done this before? I will give this a whirl and let you know.

0 Kudos