Dropdown in listview not working correctly

• 4 December 2012
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Someone running into the following as well? I've created a SmartObject with a List method. This is the source of a list view. One of the columns should be edited using a dropdown. So I select the column -> change control -> and change it to a dropdown list and assign a SmartObject List method to the dropdown.

All nice, but as soon as I use this, the list loads fine, only the value in the column using the dropdown edit will be unvisible UNTIL I double click/edit the row. This will trigger the dropdown to appear with the CORRECT value, but before invisible. After I save, the value remains visible.

I'm puzzled (again)

When I press Refresh on the list, the value disappears again. When I manually fire-off the SmartObject with the tester, I see my value (also having the proper value on Edit shows that it gets retrieved properly)

3 replies

Badge +4

Hi!
Maybe you don't have this problem anymore but i post a solution anyway for others to find.
I struggled with this today and found a solution in this pdf (page 9): http://help.k2.com/files/4717

Basically you need to create an association between you smartobjects. If that association exists when you create your listview the dropdown will appear automatically. And most important the text column in the list will get a datasource and through that be connected to the associated smartobject. I didn't find how to create this connection manually.

Regards
Daniel

Badge

Hi!
Maybe you don't have this problem anymore but i post a solution anyway for others to find.
I struggled with this today and found a solution in this pdf (page 9): http://help.k2.com/files/4717

Basically you need to create an association between you smartobjects. If that association exists when you create your listview the dropdown will appear automatically. And most important the text column in the list will get a datasource and through that be connected to the associated smartobject. I didn't find how to create this connection manually.

Regards
Daniel

As far as I know this solution makes  your display fields become dropdowns too, decreasing the form performance a lot.

Badge +2

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. We are not facing this issue anymore in SmartForms 1.0.2 as it seems to be fixed

We have not checked if this workaround helped.

Regards,

Eric