Missing K2.Net Additional Components

• 9 November 2005
  • 3 replies

Badge +1
Hi,

I'm trying to install K2.Net 2003 SP2a server with Windows SharePoint Services 2.0 SP2 on the same machine.
I use a development server which is a Domain Controler nad has own DNS. First I have installed WSS but not on the IIS default Website.
When I lunch a K2.Net setup and then the "K2.Net Additional Components" group is not visible althought the installation giude says that if setup recognizes SPS/WSS installed on a machine this group should appear.

Moreover, I've tried to lunch the same setup on a machine which has MS SPS 2003 insalled and the "K2.Net Additional Components" group was visible.

Could you help me with this? What might be the potential problem?

3 replies

Badge +6
I attach an little application that gets products codes for installed components.

Run it on the machine where you are getting the problems and verify that the product code you have there for WSS correlates to the product code for WSS in the ProductCodes.xml on the installation media for K2.net.

Regards
Badge +8
Hi,

Just a point to note. K2.net 2003 SP2a out the box is not compatible with SPS/WSS SP2 as MS changed the way that event sink handlers function. There is a hotfix on the way but I m not 100% on the ETA.
Badge +1
I've used this utility to get WSS 2.0 SP2 guid. Then I've changed this guid in the ProductCodes.XML file - 2 characters were different. After I've lunched K2 setup again the Additional Components node was visible and the K2SPS web service was installed correctly.

Thanks for help.

Anyway, I guess that K2SPS web service can be installed manually into the SPS _vti_bin directory.

Regards,

Tomasz / K2 Internet / Warsaw