cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Query List and filter on Assigned To

Hi all,

I am using Nintex WOrkflow 2013 and SharePoint 2013.

I have a workflow on a document library that assigns a review task to two people.

The workflow later uses the Query List action to query the workflow task library to get the approvercomments from the review task for both of the reviewers.

I can get the query to pull comments related to the list item based on the item ID, but when I add Assigned to equals ______ it returns no results.

I have queried the workflow task library and the assigned to field stores the user information as i:0#.w|peoplestrust\martinc.  I have tried to query for this exact text with no luck. I'm not sure what else to query this field with to find tasks for martinc.

Hope someone can help.

Regards,

Martin

Labels: (2)
14 Replies
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Query List and filter on Assigned To

In the workflow, after the task action, add a log to history action. Within that action test the following result. Add to it the Common tab reference to:

All Approver Comments: All comments made by all approvers in all task actions that

have run in the workflow.

or

All Approver Comments (Html): All comments made by all approvers in all task

actions that have run in the workflow, formatted for HTML.

If this provides what you need, you shouldn't have to do the Query List process.

Not applicable

This does provide a way to get the comments that result from the current workflow however not quite a resolution to the problem of querying the task library by assigned to.

Automation Master
Automation Master

Oh sure. So you are not looking to get the comments from the current workflow but a separate workflow?

Not applicable

In this case getting comments from the current workflow fits my need.

In SP 2007 I was able to query the task lists by assigned to in order to grab all comments for an item after a series of workflows.

Automation Master
Automation Master

Sounds great to use a query get comments across multiple workflows!

That seems like a great answer, feel free to mark yours correct to help others looking for the same issue. Or add any additional details that could help the community. I think your scenario would actually be a great blog post if you have time for it!

rrelopez
Nintex Newbie

Has anyone found a solution to this? I am having the same issue where in I am getting no results when querying the workflow task list for ApproverComments when using the "Assigned To" column as one of the filter value.

Thanks in Advance.

Rhea

Automation Master
Automation Master

Rhee, it may depend on how you are filtering. If you are using a value, you may need to include the claim with the login.

Highlighted
rrelopez
Nintex Newbie

Hi Andrew,

I am querying the workflow task list for ApproverComments using the following filter:

1. using the Title of the task name

2. using the related contentid

These first two filter works and I'm able to get the ApproverComment. But in the scenario where the task is being assigned to more than one person, the filter above is not unique enough so I have to add the filter for "Assigned To".

So I added a third filter something like: where Assigned To = Last task respondent but I'm always getting no result. I tried different conditions like where Assigned To contains (then I hard coded my lastname, firstname then domainname\username etc..) but still no luck. Any suggestions?

filter used.png

Automation Master
Automation Master

Rhee, this may be the right time to create another thread and post your question there. That way many people will be able to locate it and help you in your specific scenario.

To make sure the issue is only with the final filter of the assigned to, you should just test that filter on its own without the others.

Last Task Respondent will return the domain\username. A great way to test this is to output the reference in a Log to History and also output the Assigned To in history to compare the values. I way to get that result is query the task list and retrieve the assigned To into a collection and simply put the reference to that collection in the log to history action.