cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Query List / Lookup Item - Autopopulate form

Hi

I have been looking around the forums but I am not sure if I can find a solution at present.

I am trying to reproduce something similar to this post (which is shown in SharePoint)

Create a link to display, edit and create new items from a dialog (layover) in SharePoint - Azure, S...

What we are trying to achieve is the following -

1.     Lookup a specific item in a sharepoint list (which know can be achieved by a lookup).

2.     When this has been found open up that specific item that matches the specific ID in the lookup

The best solution that I have found is below -

'javascript:displayLayover("/Lists/Contacts/EditForm.aspx?ID=4&IsDlg=1")

*However* this is dependent on knowing the ID of specific items on a sharepoint list.  Obviously we do not know the ID of the relevant sharepoint item.  We are interested in bringing up the sharepoint item which matches the lookup

for example Where the lookup ID = 1 and the SharePoint List Item = 1

Any ideas if I can replace the ID=4 for something else or is this a sharepoint question?

Thanks

Karen

Labels: (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Query List / Lookup Item - Autopopulate form

Hi

I have been looking into this and tried a different idea.

I was looking around the forums and came across this post

Show and Filter list items in Nintex Forms

I thought we could instead show a list view filtered down the to the relevant item.

I note that in the Nintex Help / Download it says

"

Filtering

Filter listed items

Filter the listed items by another control on the page, a specific value or a custom query.

"

Unfortunately the filter is not quite working. If this does work I will come back on this post.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Do you want to display the diplay form of a list item ?

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Hi Caroline

Thanks for the reply

Yes I would like to display form of specific list item.

The best solution I came up with was use the following script

'javascript:displayLayover("/Lists/Contacts/EditForm.aspx?ID=4&IsDlg=1")

But this was dependent on my knowing the ID of a specific list item.  I was wondering if there was a way to match this to a specific field on the original source list rather than the using the ID.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hello,

Sorry for the delay.

Do you want to do that on a page in SharePoint : displaying a list view and when selecting an item in this view, it display the form of the selected item ?

If yes, you can do that using two webparts added in a SharePoint page :

• one webpart is a list view webpart
  • the second one is Nintex forms List Form webpart

Once both webparts are added, you can connect them by clicking on the small arrow at the top right hand corner of the List Form webpart and then by clicking on the "Connections" menu item

Hope this helps

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

I will look into this and see if this can resolve my issue I did not think about using webparts previously.

Thanks

Karen

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Hi

I have just looked at this and I am not sure this is what I am really after, I have put together an example in a document which may make more sense to you.

I am not sure if you are able to look at it?  I will still look into the web part option.

Thanks

Karne

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

I'm able to see your example.

I didn't know that you wanted to do it Inside a form.

You can maybe try to add an iframe on the form, store its client id in a javascript variable and set the url of the iframe with javascript to dynamically add the ID of the selected item (/Lists/Contacts/EditForm.aspx?ID=4&IsDlg=1).

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply