Solved

Sending to external emails using the 365 trial

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi team,

Is there a restriction on outbound emails to external email addresses when using an Office 365 trial + Nintex trial?  If I address an email to an external email address, the workflow throws an exception.  If I address it to an internal email address and copy the external one, the external email address is stripped.

Thanks,

Chris

icon

Best answer by alex_burton 15 August 2014, 01:08

View original

10 replies

Badge

Chris

We're working on official guidance on this right now but in the meantime, I'm looping in Alex Burton who can provide details on how you can configure outbound emails leveraging Exchange Online in O365.

R.

Badge +4

Hi Chris,

The Office 365 platform itself restricts external emails being sent, which we leverage in the Send Notification action.

We are in the final stages of developing an action, as Ryan mentions above,  that will allow you to send external emails via your Exchange Online tenant as part of our Exchange Online pack available in the Nintex Store. I will update this thread once the action is released to the store.

Hope this helps.

Alex.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi Vasiliy,

Thanks for the suggestion but I wouldn't consider PlumSail for a couple of reasons:

- it means having to use SharePoint Designer.  As we're empowering business users to create workflows it would mean installing SPD on their PC's and training them up to use what is effectively a development tool.

- PlumSail doesn't have all the features I require for the business process I'm working on, therefore we'd need to use both products. Trying to incorporate both PlumSail and Nintex, which have different design paradigms, looks like a recipe for disaster.  I'd prefer to wait until Nintex has this feature incorporated.

Cheers,

Chris

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi,

Just wondering where Nintex is at with emailing external user? I've just had the request to email someone using an email collected from a field in a form.

Badge +7

Is there an update on this ? 

I am not able to check actions lists at the moment so may be it was released already, either way an update would be good as you offered. 

Badge +4

Hi Francois,

It's taken a little while to get up the prioritisation queue with some of the other items we have been doing, but engineering has commenced. Expect to see it in the not too distant future. I will update the thread when I know which release its going to be on.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi all,

I note that this long-awaited feature has finally arrived.  Brilliant work!

Cheers,

Chris

Badge +7

excellent ! thanks for communicating on this,  will give it a try !

Badge +4

The feature is rolling out at the moment, expect to see it appear in the next couple of days ☺️

Badge +4

Just an FYI, the rollout is going slower than first thought, just a little while longer to wait.