Development from local machine

Badge +1

Hi,

I am trying to do the development from my local machine but that seems to cause problems. The Installation went well and everything seemed to work until I click on the K2 object Browser in VS and expand SmartObjectServer(s)->SmartObject Server and then expand one of the SmartObjects I receive an errormessage "SmartObjectSever Exception: Method could not be resolved"

In the hostserver log I see this:

"Error","System","2025","InternalMarshalError","SourceCode.Hosting.Server.Runtime.HostServerBroker.InternalMarshal","2025 Error Marshalling SourceCode.SmartObjects.Runtime.SmartObjectManagementServer.GetSmartObjectDefinition, Method could not be resolved!"

Any ideas?

Update: I have installed a newer version on my local machine than on the server. This may cause the error. 

3 replies

Badge +9
I remember seeing this error in the pre-SP1 days.  What version are you running on?
Badge +1

On my local machine I have installed the 803 version, on the development server we use the SP1 and on production we use 803.

From the local machine I receive errors when trying to reach both servers. From the development server I only receive the problem when contacting the production server. Might that be a permission problem or is ist because of the different versions?

Badge +9
Connecting between different versions is not supported.  The issue might or might not be related.  I would advise keeping the versions the same by upgrading your dev environment.  Do a server backup in the event you need to rollback for any reason.