Solved

Put space between value in XPATH in Query XML

• 14 January 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

Hello everybody,

I am a new user of NINTEX, I have a SharePoint list with i multiple repeating section data form, to get multiple values in a row I make XML Request, in my XML Request I make XPATH in outputs.

Today my values are not separate by space.

I want to separate values by space or make a return to line between each values.

Thanks to all for reading this post,

And Thanks a lot for the person who have advice for me !! ^^

Regards,

icon

Best answer by kunalpatel 14 January 2020, 16:36

View original

4 replies

Badge +12

@VijayAntoine ....as mentioned in my response to your other post, you need to store them in collection and using for loop and build string you can add space and/or new lines. For new lines...check under common tab in build string's insert references.

Badge +3
Thanks Kunal Patel !
May have the link to the solution? I couldn't find it > Many thanks
Badge +12

@xixido I couldn't find the link quickly but below are the steps (you may have to tweak last few):

1. Create MLT (with plain text) column in a list. The plain text type is very important since it's going to store XML code of your repeating section

2. On the form, connect your repeating section to the MLT column you've created in step # 1. You can remove this MLT column from your views in the list.

3. Now, create a workflow, and:

1. Use Query XML and use the MLT column from step # 1 as a XML source

2. Use collection variable to store all the different values of your controls you've put in repeating section

3. Use one of the collection for "For Loop" and get the index also

4. Use collection operation for other collections using index

5. Then using build string you can create the HTML code as per your requirement

6. Create another MLT column for showing this HTML code, make sure it allows Rich text for this