Is the purpose of Nintex forms for new items vs. update

• 14 October 2016
  • 6 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +9

It seems like I can create various Nintex forms and via a link direct users to the form links when they create a new item.  However, when they go to the List and click on the Title link it defaults them to the edit.aspx form.  Thus, I assume I am stuck with the default edit.aspx form.  The reason I ask is I have 5 teams using this form and I would just assume have each team use a form specific to their team, but all the data feeding into 1 list

Currently I have just one form with 5 different sections.  Kind of a busy form.

The last question is within a Nintex form can I make certain fields read only....

Cheers

6 replies

Badge +8

Hi David Busch,

It is not default that when you click on the title link, an edit form is shown. Could you please add some screenshots to give more insights in your situation.

And yes, you can make fields readonly with a formatting rule (Option: disable). There is already plenty of good information on the net about that. Search is your best friend silly.png

Cheers,

Rick

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

I'm not entirely clear on what it is you're looking for but I'll have a shot.

First issue sounds like you're only able to get users access to your nintex form via a direct link rather than the new item link, that opens the default sharepoint form? Correct? If so, if you have published the form correctly it should allow you to open up your new form from the New Item link. If it isn't then you can check in SharePoint Designer to see what form your library is using.

Secondly, it sounds like you want to have different people seeing different versions of a form. Do you want these different teams to be filling in a single item, or could you use content types to create different forms for each team in the same list. If they need to be related, you could use an identifier to link the separate items together.

Let me know if either of these bits are at all related to what you want to achieve.

Badge +6

Maybe you should create a dedicated content type for each team and then create a Nintex form for each of the content types.

Badge +9

Hi ...I have no issues when the user creates a new item or edits an existing item via the the form view. The Nintex form displays exactly as I created it...the form contains 5 sections that 5 teams need to complete.  A single item is not considered complete until all teams have completed their 5 individual sections.  

My primary question is rather than having all 5 teams use the same form is there a way to display only their individual section.  Initially I did create separate content types for each team.  However, when they open the list item from the SharePoint list it opens the form in the default content type.  Most users never figure out they can select another content type within the form so I am currently stuck with serving up the same form to all teams. I just wanted to determine if there was a way to improve the interaction with 5 teams interacting with the same form.  

Badge +9

Could you try creating 5 different panels and displaying them according to users?

Badge +9

Thanks Jan...but when the users clicks on the item from the List view how will I direct it to the correct form ?