cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Providing user help within a form

Jump to solution

In Nintex Forms, I would like to place a question mark image on the form so that when I click on that image a new window opens in front of the form showing help information about that part of the form.  The help information may consist of several paragraphs.  What is the best way to do this?

If there is a different approach to providing user help within a form, I would also welcome those ideas.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Providing user help within a form

Jump to solution

I am using tooltips for input controls:

For a simple popup window with help text use a button control, using button type 'image'  and  button action 'javascript'. In advanced section configure:

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

For several paragraphs, using the same idea as Manfred, in the Client click, you can add javascript using windows.open that can open a site page. Look at the parameters of this function, they are very useful.

I used this technic before 2000 and this was one of my first Javascript code ;-)

Hope this helps,

Christophe

Highlighted
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Does the provided information answer your question?

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Manfred's reply was helpful and was a good place to start.  Christophe's answer gave me the full capabilities I was looking for.  Thank you to both of you!  Lee

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Awesome! Thanks for following this up.

Cheers!

0 Kudos