cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Providing a function for Base64-decoding text without writing a Custom Inline function

>> I also like this solution. Can we also store the decoded base64 as file into multilinetext SharePoint column?

Don't see why you couldn't, but I'm not entirely sure why you'd need to when you could just use the WebService to produce the file proper (from the Base64) elsewhere. 

Just try saving the B64 to a Multiline Text Column and see what happens. 

Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Re: Providing a function for Base64-decoding text without writing a Custom Inline function

>> I also like this solution. Can we also store the decoded base64 as file into multilinetext SharePoint column?

The data is stored in the multiline text column for sure but not in the sense that a user can click on it and a download-windows opens if that would be your intention. The user rather would see a long bunch of nonsense characters in his listview.

By the way, I found an (ugly) way to get SQL using a webservice to get the binary data of a file and convert it to base64-data but only for files maximal sized 8000 bytes which is really useless in my opinion because the most files, as yours, are larger than that. Maybe I'll post it here later on but, as I said, without the ability to overcome this limit which seems to be on the side of the sp_OACreate object, it's useless.

Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

@lonesurvivor @MegaJerk 

Got it! I was looking to capture the signature that is stored as base64 into list column back to an image:Snag_2d6834.png

0 Kudos