Problem with Nintex Form in SharePoint 2016

• 29 December 2019
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

We have migrated a portal from SharePoint 2013 to SharePoint 2016. Nintex 2013 Forms (2.9.2.20) and Workflows (3.4.0.0) Standard have been used in the portal. In SharePoint 2016 we have version 4.5.1.0 Standard.

After the migration, users were getting an error while opening a form associated with a custom list. They are not able to create a new item, edit /view existing items. The form is working fine in SharePoint 2013 environment. In 2016 environment, they are getting the following error:

"An unexpected error has occurred.

Web Parts Maintenance Page: If you have permission, you can use this page to temporarily close Web Parts or remove personal settings. For more information, contact your site administrator."

In log file, we are getting following error:

"System.ArgumentException: Requested value 'Compatible' was not found. at System.Enum.TryParseEnum(Type enumType, String value, Boolean ignoreCase, EnumResult& parseResult) at System.Enum.Parse(Type enumType, String value, Boolean ignoreCase) at Nintex.Forms.SharePoint.FormControls.MultiLineTextBoxFormControl.ApplyDefaultFormProperties(FormControlProperties properties, FormVariable variable) at Nintex.Forms.Form.RefreshFormControls(IList`1 formVariableGroups) at Nintex.Forms.SharePoint.ListHelper.RefreshFormControls(Form form, SPContentType contentType) at Nintex.Workflow.Forms.ControlTemplates.ListForm.InitialiseFormFiller(String formXml, FormData data, Boolean hasEnterpriseLicense) at Nintex.Workflow.Forms.ControlTemplates.ListForm.InitialiseForm(Boolean hasEnterpriseLicense) at Nintex.Workflow.Forms.ControlTemplates.ListForm.OnInit(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContaine) at System.Web.UI.Control.AddedControl(Control control, Int32 index) at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.ListFormWebPart.CreateChildControls() at System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.WebPart.get_WebPartMenu() at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.ListFormWebPart.CreateWebPartMenu() at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.WebPart.OnWebPartMenuCreate(Object sender, EventArgs s) at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.ListFormWebPart.OnLoad(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) "

When we try to open the Nintex form in desgin more, we get the following error in a dialog and no form is displayed:

"<head>

<title>Request Error</title>

<style>BODY ...... </style>

</head>

<body>

<div id="content">

<p class="heading1">Request Error</p>

<p>The server encountered an error processing the request. The exception message is 'Requested value 'Compatible' was not found.'. See server logs for more details. The exception stack trace is: </p>

<p> at System.Enum.TryParseEnum(Type enumType, String value, Boolean ignoreCase, EnumResult&amp; parseResult)

at System.Enum.Parse(Type enumType, String value, Boolean ignoreCase)

at Nintex.Forms.SharePoint.FormControls.MultiLineTextBoxFormControl.ApplyDefaultFormP…"

We exported the form in 2013 environment and opened it in notepad, found one entry, not sure if it is related "<d2p1:RichTextMode>compatible</d2p1:RichTextMode>".

Kindly let me know what is the issue and how it can be fixed

Urgent response will be highly appreciated,

Thanks,

Mohsin

5 replies

Badge +1

Furthermore, I observed the following:

• The list contains 2 columns of type "Multiline Text". If the type of these columns is selected as "Plain text" or "Rich text (Bold, italics, text alignment, hyperlinks)", the above-mentioned error is appearing. However, if the type is "Enhanced rich text (Rich text with pictures, tables, and hyperlinks)", the form is working fine in all modes.
  • We even tried to delete the control from the Form and add it again, we get the same error while connecting to the column if the type is "Plain text" or "Rich text (Bold, italics, text alignment, hyperlinks)".
  • We deleted the Nintex form and tried to create a new form in classic mode, we are getting same error unless the type is "Enhanced rich text (Rich text with pictures, tables, and hyperlinks)" 

We want the type to be set as "Plain text", as we don't want any additional DIVs appearing in the saved data.

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
If you create a new list with a Multi lines of Text column configured as plain text and create a Nitex form does it work.
If so there must be an issue with the list.
Also it is always a good idea to update your source farm to the latest release of Nintex before migrating to a new farm which has the latest release of Nintex.
Badge +1

If I create a new list with Multiline text column with Plain Text in new environment (2016), it is working fine.

Please note that now we have identified more lists with same issue, all have same issue and have multi-line text column (plain text).

Since we have performed the migration, we cannot do any changes on the source environment now.

Please suggest.

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Was a third party tool used to do the migration or was it a database detach?
Badge +1

Any solution to this problem?
I've run into the same issue, with out any sort of migration.

I setup a form with a multi-line text box that is rich text. The form uses this data for document generation.
Sometimes users copy/paste, and end up putting in things that Document Generation does not like, and doc Gen blows up.

To solve the problem I tried to change the multi-line textbox to 'plane text' instead of 'enhanced rich text'. When I change the type, the form and the form designer throw the same error mentioned by the original post.

I've tried deleting the field from the form and re-adding, but that doesn't fix it either.

This isn't a migration or version issue. Nintex 2016 does not like it when you change the 'type of text' on a multi-line text box.