Field type change from text to memo

• 17 January 2014
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi,

I'm developing a K2 smartform with workflow and I'm already in the implementation phase. I discovered that the column type 'text' has a 100 character limit so I have to change it to type 'memo'. However, when we I changed the field type of the smartobject using K2 designer, the table column type is still set to 'nvarchar(100)'.

I then asked our DBA to manually alter the table in the SmartBox database which maps the data to the smartobject that I created in K2 designer. He altered the faulty column to datatype 'nvarchar(max), but viola! I still get the error "... property has a too long value of the Memo. The maximum lenght allowed is 100 characters" when enter data in the column using the create method in the smart object method.

The service which is throwing this is the SmartBoxService. U tried to refresh the Service Instance but it's still not able to apply the datatype change I made in the column.

Is there a way that I can force the field type to memo without having to recreate the smartobject? There are are a lot of these types in the entire form and it's hooked to multiple views and it's wired up to the workflow.

1 reply

Badge +6

Hi Asotalbo,

I see you stated that you have refreshed the Service instance in the SMO Tester tool, have tried the refreshing the SMO itself in the tool also? if not please do and try again.

Kind regards,

Yannick