Panel Show/Hide with 4 choices in a rule.

Badge +3

Hi everyone.  I have a dropdown with four choices.  I have two panels.  

Choice A will show / unhide panel 1.

Choice B, C or D will show / unhide panel 2.  B, C & D (all share the same panel input)

I have tried using a rule like this, but it only seems to take the first two into consideration:

not(or(contains(SourceType,'School / Community Agency'), contains(SourceType,'Family / Self'), contains(SourceType,'Medical / PCP')))

Medical / PCP doesn't work.

Any ideas on how to have more than two choices unhide a panel?

6 replies

Badge +16

Can you not just say not choice A?

Badge +3

No, because both forms are hidden from the start.  If they pick choice a, panel 1 shows, if they pick b, c, or d, panel two should show.

Badge +3

Yes, you are correct.  I am sorry because I am a newbie to these forms.  Thank you very much for your advice. It worked exactly as I needed.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

just that you avoid the same mistake in future: your formula couldn't work since or() function can only accept 2 input arguments!

check documentation  http://help.nintex.com/en-US/nintex2013/help/#Forms/RootCategory/Designer/Nintex.Forms.RuntimeFunctions.htm%3FTocPath%3D… 

Badge +3

Thank you, I appreciate that.  Is the rule language proprietary or can I study this language outside of nintex?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

in general, "rule language" is based on javascript syntax. so you might want to look on javascript basics to understand it better.

plus it introduces some own builtin functions that you can find described in online help or on help portal Documentation