What does "K2 Server is not connected" mean during deployment

• 27 August 2010
  • 3 replies

Badge +5

I am just learning Blackpearl and when I tried to deply my first Process, I get the message in the status bar, "The K2 Server is not connected."  I'm not sure what that means as I can see the K2 server in K2 Studio.  The process does not deploy.

Using K2 4.5.1170

3 replies

Badge +2

When you tried to deploy did you select your deployment environment?  Do you have rights on the K2 server to deploy processes?  Is your K2 server behind a firewall or router that is separating the K2 server from you?

Badge +6

Check all the points AlexB mentioned.

It could be as simple as K2 host server not runnning. Do you have the K2 console running before opening the K2 Studio. With the development licence, you can only run the K2 host server in console mode.

Also check the servername and connection string in ConfigurationManager.config & EnvironmentLibrarySettings.config under C:ProgramDataSourceCode on Windows 7

Badge +5

I figured it out.  The K2 server is set up on a Windows 2008 server. The firewall is on by default on that server.  I had to open ports 5555 and 5252 on the firewall so clients could see the K2 server.