Choice - Text padding

Badge +1

Hi there,

I am trying to figure out this very frustrating problem happy.png

I have a choice list with 15 people in it that runs vertically on my form. Beside that, I have created a column of 15 single line text areas. The purpose of the form is to track employee briefings. When an employee is briefed, a check mark is placed beside the name (choice list), then the person who gave the briefing has to record their initials in the single line text area.

It all works great in preview mode, but when I publish it, the text areas don't align with the choices, they actually continue farther down the page. It appears like the text area has a minimum height that is greater than the width between the choices. I've played with the CSS of each group, adjusting margins and paddings, but to no avail.

Does anyone have an idea how I can accomplish this?

Thanks!

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

could you post some screenshots to see what exactly you experience?

both how does it look like in runtime and design time.

Badge +1

Hi there,

These are a few screen shots of what I'm experiencing:

As you can see, in the designer window, everything aligns correctly in the left hand list. When you Preview in the designer, it all looks correct as well. However, when it is published, I get the image on the bottom - the text fields are spaced differently than in the layout and the preview.

Thanks for any help - appreciate it!

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

ok, I see.

I'm affraid you will not be able to choice control's options with plenty of text controls next to it.

simply becuse HTML is rendered dynamically and it reflects actual target device capabilities. as well slight different placement rules may be applied by nintex or browser itself on single (types of) controls.

not sure whether that would be an option for you, but easiest way how to achieve what you want would be if you created single choice control for each name and placed it together with respective text control into a common panel (one panel for each pair of choice and text control)