cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Print with notes results in extra blank pages

I have workflows that I have edited many times, and now I'm finished with them and printing with detailed notes to document the workflows, but I often end up with many blank pages that I cannot get rid of.

I did have several action items that have existed and been removed throughout the edit process--does Nintex "think" they are still there and is allocating space to it?.

Does anyone know how to get rid of all these extra pages besides assigning the printer to print a page range?

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Re: Print with notes results in extra blank pages

Sally,

This has constantly been a headache with trying to document them.  The best thing I have found is to do screenshots using the Snipping Tool or some other screen grabber.  The print function is okay, but not reliable enough as you are at the mercy of the browser also.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Re: Print with notes results in extra blank pages

Thanks for your response--Yes, I have used the snipping tool to document everything for other smaller projects, but this was a rather large project, and has many, MANY workflows.  (I often wondered what the limit is, but I have been deliberately conscious of reducing the amount of actions & workflows running at one time, so SharePoint isn't overwhelmed.  All but 2 are triggered from other workflows based on particular actions.  One  starts on create and one starts on modification with all of the conditional issues which will trigger other workflows--once I passed 15--20 workflows the conditional start stopped working!)

The print with notes for everything is already sitting at 114 pages--I don't have the time to snip everything!  I have had to be creative with a way to get everything documented in a rational way that a person can quickly fix an issue, which for this project has been to list all fields that are used in any way in each workflow, how/when each workflow starts, and then the print with notes--where each field is highly descriptive in the action boxes as well as extra description in the notes.  Only the more difficult issues will have extra documentation outside of the nintex printing.  That and the basic "flow" of how it all works in an outline format.

0 Kudos