How to start a workflow item hasn't changed in 15 day

• 17 March 2017
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

I would like to create a workflow in Nintex workflow 2010 to send an email to the responsible person only if the list item hasn't changed in the last 15 day..

Can someone help me?

Thank you in advance

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Well I see two options here:

1. if the person to notify as an active task you could use flexi tasks "escalation" and "reminder" to notify the person after 15 days of idling.

2. if no task is involved you could have a scheduled site workflow on the same site as your list. The workflow runs daily and queries all items that have "modified" oder or equal today minus 15 days. You will then need to get the ID's of the elements and a person to notify from either the element or the same for all and iterate the collection of found items to send one reminder for every element.

Would that help?
Kind regards,

Enrico

Badge +8

Hi ‌,

The second option mentioned by  is the best option because it reduces the number of running workflows.

Cheers,

Rick

Badge +1

Hi Enrico and Rick,

I have exactly a site workflow for every 30 days as a general reminder to send an email to the responsible persons to update the items (Status column). The is no active task.

The issue now is the requester would like send an email every 15 day of no item modification to only one group of people, In this case if the item with the column "Unite" is equal the value "ES" (Drop down choice field). 

Do you have an example of option 2 that I can import in nintex?

Thank you so much

Badge +8

Hi Karar Raheem‌,

I have no example but I can tell you what needs to be done:

1. Create a SharePoint groep for the accounts which need to receive an e-mail.
  2. Create a date variable (varDate) which is today minus 15 days
  3. Use the 'Query list' action and filter on 'Modified' less then varDate and alert.png 'Unite' equals 'ES'. Use the field ID
  4. Use the query list and the ID to get information about the item.
  5. Sent an e-mail to the SharePoint group for every item with the information retrieved by step 3
    1. You can also create logic that only one e-mail is sent which contains all the items but I leave that up to you to investigate silly.png

So this will sent an e-mail every day when the item is not modified. If you want intervals of 15 days, I would probably do something like adding an extra list in which I record (per item (ID)) the last date an e-mail was sent.

Cheers,

Rick