Why does Assign Flexi Task Error with \Subquery returned more than 1 value\"

• 8 February 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

I have a simple workflow without escalation or delegation where I am using a Flexi Task to have a three way decision point : Approve, Reject and Changes Required.

Without fail the workflow errors with the message: 

"Error in task. Subquery returned more than 1 value. This is not permitted when the subquery follows =, !=, <, <= , >, >= or when the subquery is used as an expression."

I have found three previous forum posts/questions where people report this

https://community.nintex.com/message/47012
https://community.nintex.com/message/34020
https://community.nintex.com/message/25632

But other than a tantalising idea that deleting rows in an undefined table will fix it (something my system admins said sounds highly suspect), there doesn't seem to be a solution posted.

I'd appreciate any help.

5 replies

Badge +11

Hi Dominic,

i never had that error before and dont have a solution for that but I will try to explain what that "undefined table" means here.

All of your possible flexi task outcomes are stored in a dedicated table inside the nintex database. This table is called "ConfiguredOutcomes" (or something like that, dont have my environment at hand). this table stores your outcomes as string and gives them an ID as well. E. g. this ID is  used when you create a rule on your task form to check which outcome was chosen by the user. In that case you wont be able to check for "approved" but for the respective ID as shown in the ConfiguredOutcomes table.

So you can ask your admin to just have a look at this table and see if there is anything obviously wrong first. I don't know if it supported by Nintex to perform update/delete operations on the Nintex Database directly (regarding the regular  SharePoint databases, this is one of the biggest DONTs at all). Do you have a software assurance with Nintex? If you have, I would contact the support team before manipulating the database directly or at least create a complete backup.

Best Regards

Philipp

Badge +1

Thanks very much Philipp, I have the feeling that my admin support would be exceedingly reluctant to perform any operations on the data in the table, I will discover whether we have software assurance. This isn't an auspicious start to my using the product and when you are new to something you tend to think it is something you have done incorrectly.

Badge +11

Ya, I'm getting your point.

Just to complete my former post, this is a screenshot of the table I was talking about:

198631_pastedImage_1.png

As you can see, the first two items are the default outcomes Approve/Reject which got the IDs 1&2. Below that you will find all your custom outcomes with custom IDs that are set automatically.

It could be possible that in your table multiple outcomes with the same name but different IDs are causing this issue.

You can ask Nintex Support for help if you have an assurance but the first thing they will probably ask you to do is have a look at this database table. Which means sooner or later, your admin will be required to at least perform a read operation on that table. Since this is an effort of ~1 minute he should be able to help you.

Cheers

Philipp

Badge +1

My admin support have queried that table and you are correct, there are 79 items in the table, 77 of them being the word "Approve" so thanks very much for your advice, I am going through the process of finding out what support we have from Nintex and how this situation arose.

Badge

Hi everyone. I have the same problem - in my case in the Nintex DB's "ConfiguratedOutcomes" table there are also duplicated values.

Any ideas on how to resolve the problem in the non-affecting (or non-threatening for the whole system) way? Is deleting the duplicated values from the table the desired option here or should it be solved in some other way, in order to maintain integrity of the solution?