Collection variable for notification emails - not working under Nintex for Office 365?

• 22 May 2018
  • 1 reply

Badge +8

I'm in a unique situation - I am a site owner on two separate Sharepoint instances - one is Sharepoint on prem, the other is Online.  I am using Nintex 2013 on prem and Nintex for Office 365 for SPO.

In my on prem instance (Nintex 2013), I have a few workflows that query a list for names, dumps them in a collection variable, and sends them an email.  No sweat.

The collection variable looks like this:

i:0#.w|farmshortname1;i:0#.w|farmshortname2

And emails are sent to this variable value just fine.

In Nintex for Office 365, for some reason, this doesn't work.

Here's what I have.  List #1 with a "Subscribers" column (People&Groups), containing names.

List #2  with a list workflow that contains a "Query List" action.  The Query List action is querying List #1 for the "Subscribers" column and collecting the values in a collection variable.  Under "Columns to Select" I've chosen "Subscribers" and under "With Property" I've chosen "Work email".

The resulting collection variable in Nintex for SPO looks like this:

[{"subscribers":{"EMail":"email1@domain.com"}},{"subscribers":{"EMail":"email2@domain.com"}},{},{},{},{},{}]

The workflow can't send to this, and of course I'm getting this error:

Workflow Status

RequestorId: 33b736f8-ddfb-37ae-0000-000000000000. Details: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the workflow instance. Exception details: System.ApplicationException: HTTP 400 {"error":{"code":"-2130242040, Microsoft.SharePoint.SPException","message":{"lang":"en-US","value":"The e-mail message cannot be sent. Make sure the e-mail has a valid recipient."}}} {"Transfer-Encoding":["chunked"],"X-SharePointHealthScore

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Looping through collections in Nintex Workflow for Office 365 is different than in Nintex Workflow for SharePoint.  The following blog post is a good resource for working with the Query List action in Nintex Workflow for Office 365:

Tips for Query List in Nintex Workflow for Office 365