DynamicSQLSPServiceV1.6- Error: Invalid Column name 'ID'

• 11 September 2009
  • 5 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +9

Hi all,

I have created a smartobject using Dynamic SQL SP service and interacted with a storedprocedure method which takes 'ID' as input and return 'Name' as output. When i tested this using Smartobject service tester,its working fine but when i used the smartobject in a process, its giving the 'Invalid Column name 'ID' '. But the column name is same as it is in SQL databse. I have mapped the input value i.e. ID to a datafield properly. the ID is added by the smartobject method itself. I am not getting what could be the problem. I am using Dynamic SQLSP service V1.6

Any ideas......

5 replies

Badge +9

Anybody has any ideas.......

Badge +3

I had this same problem, and I finally found the solution somewhere on K2 Underground. I can't remember where though (maybe the discussion list for the Dynamic SQL SP Service?), so I'm sorry I can't give proper credit.

Here's what you need to do: When you are adding a SmartObject method, or editing one, click the checkbox for "Run the wizard in Advanced Mode." This way, you will get to a screen that lets you configure Method parameters. In that screen, add a parameter for each field that you want to pass into the method. (It can't have a name identical to any of the SmartObject properties.)

Now when you edit the Service Object Method, bind the Input Property to that parameter. Then when you use the SmartObject in your InfoPath form, everything should work without the error you were getting.

I hope that works for you!

Badge +9

i followed the same steps what u said but no luck. In one of the cases i mapped integer value to ID. but the same error. that might not be the problem with version1.6. right?

Badge +3

Before I tried using the parameters, I first went back to version 1.4, based on another suggestion I found in a comment. However, that didn't help at all. So I am now using version 1.6 and it is working fine.

I was actually getting that error in an InfoPath form, but I notice you got the error in the process, so maybe the two cases aren't the same.

Badge +9

yes i am getting it in process when i use smartobject having dynamic sql sp service method. how to fix this error, any ideas