List Lookup in Repeating Section rendering issue

• 29 March 2016
  • 9 replies

Badge +3

I've got a List Lookup setup as the following

181219_pastedImage_2.png

When I preview it renders as such and notice that the bounding box for the repeating section becomes 1 line instead.

181217_pastedImage_0.png

It only fixes to the problem after clicking on add new item. Is this a bug?

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I apologize for my confusion. I've re-read this a few times, but I'm having trouble picking up on where the issue is. Can you show a before and after shot? You say it looks correct after clicking new row, can you show that? I also assume the lookup control is the first drop down under the requirement column, but you didn't specify. Also, have you published this form? There are some things that do not preview perfectly, maybe it works correctly after a publish. Thanks!

Badge +4

Nicholas,

I have experienced this issue recently. While I did not find a final solution, it seems to be related to the number of items in the list. I had over 1000 items in the list that is being looked up, and if I reduce the number of items, the rendering works fine.

Could be a bug!

Badge +3

@Andrew sorry for not making it clear on the issue. In IE, the bounding box for the repeating section shows as 1 line but changes when a new row gets added .I had less than 100 items in the list so I don't know what cause that.. Chrome works fine though

Before shot

181246_pastedImage_0.png

After hitting the add new row

181265_pastedImage_1.png

From Chrome when it is first loaded.

181266_pastedImage_2.png

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Oh, so you mean the border around it isn't showing until you add another row. So all of the controls are working fine within the section. I can't recall noticing that before. If IE and Chrome behave differently, it could be something in the styling that IE isn't picking up. But that is unclear. I'll try to setup this case and test it myself. So how to you have the border configured? Is it a border control, or a border on the repeating section?

Badge +7

Hi Nicholas,

The only times that I have experienced this is when I did not leave enough space between the fields and the Repeating-section-control border.  Have you tried making the Repeating control slightly bigger by 2 or 3 pixels to ensure there is a small gap on the sides as well as the bottom?

Badge +3

The repeating section is in a panel and has ample spacing around it.. I've send this up to support with the sample form for them to have a look. It is likely a bug from them..

Badge +7

I was referring to the space within the repeating section and not the panel but I'm sure you have tested that then if you ensured that there is enough space in the panel as well?

Badge +4

Are you hiding this panel on page load?  I just ran into this problem and I think that is what is causing the border to render that way.  If I remove the rule it loads correctly on the form.  turn it back on and I have the rendering issue. 

Any ideas to fix this?

Badge +3

Nintex will be fixing this according to the support ticket that I have raised. This is the exact email that I got.

Hi Nicholas,

Thank you for the form, the issue is that the border is not displaying on the panel control when the item is being viewed within Internet Explorer. The border appears correctly when using chrome. I have reported this as a defect to the Development Team. The customer may have to use chrome as a workaround for now until this is addressed in a future update of Nintex Forms.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,

Michael Floyd | Nintex Workflow for Everyone® | Service Engineer I | support@nintex.com 

We have a new community site! Please visit, and join us on the Nintex Community.

If you are a Software Assurance customer, please contact support@nintex.com for extra access