cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Pre Populate multiple user names in People Picker?

Jump to solution

It's common to set People Picker's default value to "Current user." But does anyone know how to have multiple users pre-filled in people picker?

Thought I could define the values but "Enforce Unique Values" option in column settings is grayed out.

I also can't create groups for the names because it may be different for every form submitted. We have a People Picker field in the form, with the intention to have pre-populated names, but also allow HR to add additional names into the picker for the workflow and permission setup.

Thank you in advance for any advise/suggestions!

Theresa

Labels: (3)
Tags (1)
6 Replies
mapeacock
Nintex Newbie

Re: Pre Populate multiple user names in People Picker?

Jump to solution

Hi Theresa,

You can just type the usernames into the people picker seperated by a semicolon(Smiley Wink. For example:

yu-jou.chen;mapeacock

HR can then add any extras later.

Cheers,

Mark

Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

you can do that with javascript using people picker API.

have a look on  People Picker Extensions - Nintex Forms for API description, you will need add() function

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Mark,

Thank you for the suggestion. Where would I place the user IDs? There is no field available under List/column settings, and also none under Nintex control setting for the picker. Please elaborate?

Much appreciated.

0 Kudos
mapeacock
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi Theresa,

You should be able to just type the entries into the Default value field after changing the Default Value Source to be "Specify default Value"

Cheers,

Mark

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

The simplest answer! Thank you so much Mark.

Just wanted to add, the display for the pre-filled name in preview will not render correctly, but once published, it shows up as it should.

0 Kudos
mapeacock
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

You're welcome! Glad I could help.

On a side note, my preview of the form shows the display of the typed name without issue, so I'm not sure what is happening there for you:

Cheers,

Mark

0 Kudos