Task status is Open, Allocated and Available

• 3 November 2011
  • 5 replies

Badge +5

Hi Guys,

Actually in My process the task item is created for 3 users. And the task item is completed by one of my user successfully. And when I look into the view flow the status of the task item is showing as Completed and its removed from the view flow. But in Workflow Server --> Worklist the status of the task item is showing as Open for one user and for remaining users the status is showing as Allocated.

And the user whose task staus is Open can see in his K2worklist and able to open and complete but remaining users whose task item status is Allocated can't see in his worklist.

Do you have any idea on this? And what is the resolution for this?

Thanks,

Saya

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

This is all about the advanced destination plan you used. IE. If you have a 3 destinations and only have 1 slot. Initially the task will be visible on everyone’s task list and the status will be available. Until one opens it, that means he has taken up the slot…and the task status will be open for that user and allocated for the rest. To make it available on all the Worklists you must release the item. If your process is designed to have all three have the task and action it, you need a slot per destination.

For more info on advanced destinations refer to the white paper here:

http://help.k2.com/en/AdvancedDestinations_Whitepaper.aspx

HTH

Vernon

Badge +5

Hi Vernon,

Thanks for the reply. Actually i have selected default detination rule only i.e. Plan just once. Please find the attached screen shot. In my scenorio If any one of the user from destination completes the task, the task should remove from the worklist. 

Now one user has completed the task item, but after completion of this task item, again it is showing the status is "Open" and "Allocated". And when I look into the View flow it is showing completed. (Please refer the screen shot).

My query is after completion of the task item why again the task is available in worklist?

Thanks in advance.....

Thanks,

Saya

12959iB2D713D4E1FAAF6B.jpg
Userlevel 4
Badge +14

That is strange. Form the screenshots we can see the slot has been completed and the other expired which is correct. What version of K2 are you running? KB1370? What is the behavior when changing the Dest rule to Pan per destination > all at once?

Vernon

Badge +5

We have 4.5 Update (KB001320) in  my environment. Now this is production. We need to check this by changing the dest rule to All at Once.

Thanks,

Saya

Badge +2

Thanks Vernon for the explaination.